Welcome to EconAlpha!
General Information and Non-Commercial Use
You represent and warrant that you are at least eighteen (18) years old and have the power and authority to enter into this agreement with us. This website and the content of the pages of this website is for your general information and personal use only. This website shall not be used in connection with any commercial endeavor.
You may not use this website or any content on the website for any purpose or reason which is unlawful or to solicit the performance of any illegal activity or other activity which may violate federal, state, or local laws or the rights of EconAlpha.
You agree you shall not:
- Modify, adapt, translate, or reverse engineer any portion of website, or use any deep-link, page-scrape, robot, spider, site search/retrieval application, or other automatic device or similar manual process to access, acquire, copy, or monitor any portion of the website or to otherwise retrieve or index any portion of website;
- Reformat or frame any portion of website;
- Attempt to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of EconAlpha's network or system, or beach any security or authentication measures;
- Falsify any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any content, or in any way use website to send altered, deceptive, or false source-identifying information;
- Avoid, bypass, remove, deactivate, impair descramble, or otherwise circumvent any measure protecting website;
- Remove or alter in any manner any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary right notices contain in or on website;
- Interfere with other users use of website;
- Use any meta tags, hidden text, or metadata utilizing the EconAlpha trademark, URL, or other product name without EconAlpha's express written consent.
- Impersonate or misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity, through pre-texting or any other form of social engineering, or otherwise commit fraud;
- Resell the website, in whole or in part;
- Violate any applicable law, regulation, or ordinance;
- Link to the website or any content on the website without EconAlpha's express written consent; or
Ownership of Content & Proprietary Rights
EconAlpha owns and retains proprietary rights in the website, which contains copyrighted material, trademarks, and other proprietary information of EconAlpha, its licensors and licensees.
All trademarks, service marks, and logos used on the website are the sole property of EconAlpha and/or its licensors. EconAlpha marks include, but shall not be limited to, ECONALPHA®, the ECONALPHA logoSM and other graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, scripts, and service names that are protected by U.S. and international copyright, trademark, and other intellectual property laws. All content created by EconAlpha included on the website, such as text, logos, graphics, images, java scrip code, HTML code, and other software, is the property of EconAlpha.
Liability and Disclaimers
You agree that use of the website is at your sole risk. EconAlpha does not guarantee the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any content on the website nor does EconAlpha adopt, endorse, or accept responsibility for the accuracy of any opinion, advice, or statement made by any third party regarding the website. No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by you from us, or from or through use of the website shall create any warranty not expressly stated herein.
We assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of Website.
EXCEPT IN JURISDICTIONS WHERE SUCH PROVISIONS ARE RESTRICTED, IN NO EVENT SHALL ECONALPHA AND ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, SHAREHOLDERS, OR EMPLOYEES BE LIABLE TO USER OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING FOR ANY LOST PROFITS OR LOST DATA ARISING FROM USER'S USE OF WEBSITE OR OTHER MATERIALS ON OR ACCESSED THROUGH WEBSITE, EVEN IF ECONALPHA IS AWARE OR HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. YOUR SOLE REMEDY AGAINST US FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH THE WEBSITE OR ANY CONTENT ON OR IN THE WEBSITE IS TO STOP USING THE WEBSITE.
You shall not link to the website on third-party websites without our prior written consent.
You agree that all matters relating to your access of Website, including all disputes will be governed by the laws of the State of North Carolina without regard to its conflicts of law provisions. By using the website, you agree to the personal jurisdiction by and venue in the state and federal courts located in Wake County, North Carolina, and waive any objection to such jurisdiction or venue.
We do not collect any personal information for a child under the age of thirteen (13). If you are under 13 years of age, please do not use this website or send any information about yourself, including your name, address or email address. If we discover we have any personal information from a child under the age of 13, we will immediately delete that information as soon as possible.